10 August 2006

la visa è arrivata

My visa finally made its way here, and boy do I feel relieved. Seriously, I can now breath again. I was pretty worried about it, but I can officially enter the country... if I don't lose any of the five hundred and thirty-three papers I have to keep with me and have available when I go through customs. (The aforementioned number is both an approximation and an exaggeration.) But the point is, I have the visa and the papers and a plane ticket and luggage and will be getting traveller's cheques tomorrow, and so I pretty much have all the big stuff done. Now, it's just down to packing and figuring out if I want to take the blue shirt of the green one? or will both of them fit in my bags? or ... well you get the point. And I can handle it.

As far as field trips go, I finally made a decision after much deliberation. I will be taking a three day trip to the Amalfi Coast as well as a five day trip to Sicily which includes an overnight train ride and, well, did I mention it was to Sicily? Yep, I'm going to Sicily and the Amalfi Coast. P.S. for those who know Mrs. Clark-Brown and have enjoyed her multitude of lessons about Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius, the trip to Amalfi Coast includes Capri and Pompeii, so I will be seeing my sophomore and senior years of high school latin class in action. I have no complaints. Edith Hamilton and your mythology - I'm gonna have one up on you.

18 days.

No comments: