23 September 2009

Preparing my Oxen and Packing Food and Supplies

I recently looked back at my first entry to this blog and smiled at the way things can come full circle. Here I am, writing once again on the brink of another travel adventure. So many little tasks creep up before these adventures that I know I will likely forget something, though I hope I don't. Also, I've had so many things to prepare I don't feel as though I've spent nearly enough time thinking about the road trip that will take me to my new home (the location overall, Ben, not the actual building where I will be living, which we'll refer to as my new room in Jena's condo, though I'm sure it will be home in no time). I purchased my first AAA membership at Ben's recommendation and received a handy card and phone number in the case of any Road Side Emergencies. I've also been told that the Steins have sent a TripTik my way that I can't wait to peruse.

Our itinerary of cities and destinations:


St. Louis, MO
Kansas City, KS
Omaha, NE
A little piece of Iowa
the Badlands
Rapid City, SD (Mount Rushmore)
Billings, MT
Yellowstone in Wyoming
Missoula, MT
Glacier National Park
Parts of Washington, perhaps through Spokane
Portland, OR

Erin and I were originally going to go through Salt Lake City, UT but we heard great things about Missoula and Glacier and so changed our minds and decided to head north. Not too much longer and we'll be on the road.

Unfortunately, the worst part about a new adventure is saying goodbye, even though I know so many good things await. I think I'm just ready to be on the other side of these goodbyes. They aren't going to be easy.

To end on a lighter note, for anyone who knows the current me and wants to laugh, please read this previous post from the very beginning of my blogging days before I went to Italy:

Blackstone Merlot and Bongo Java Coffee

1 comment:

Steph said...

oh you make me laugh... i remember the day when you wouldn't touch coffee:) cant wait for the next big adventure for you (i just wish it wasn't on the opposite side of the country as me!). love you sis.