06 December 2006

What am I gonna do when I run out of pocket coffee?

My book project is finito and now all I have left is two papers of varying difficulties, three midterms and two critiques. Oh, and then 9 days to trek through Europe.

I have decided there is no doubt in my mind I will miss the following:

pocket coffee
Italian cappucino
people speaking in italian
the san ambrogia market
cooking class
bookbinding class
vespas
italian food (only after a significant time lapse)
the view from my apartment
feeling like my neighbors are in my apartment when we have the windows open (I don't know; perhaps I won't really miss that so much)
Piazza della Republicca
dolci
San Miniato
wine (for three months anyway)
walking everywhere
going to three hundred stores to buy my groceries
having fresh food all the time
the euro
borgo albizi
the random markets and events that appear in Santa Croce (i.e. the german christmas market)
going out for half-off gelato on tuesday night with my roommates and avoiding all our homework until it's time to go to bed
Jian Jian
being extremely tv-deprived
and more than anything (puo darsi) my favorite cafè, Enoteca de Macci

There're probably more, but at the moment I'm pretty much starving. So, I think I shall go to the german market and get me a pizza brezel before la clase.

Only 9 days left in italia.
17 left in europa.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear your stories! Will you cook for us la Jessica? That way you won't have to miss your Italian food for so long:) Have so much fun touring through Europe my friend! Say hello to Switzerland for me, and tell her I'm coming someday! By the way, what exactly is Pocket Coffee?

Anonymous said...

we have TV, cars (no more walking), wine, privacy, and we speak a little Italian. You'll have to miss the rest. Hurry home!! Be safe in Europe.

love you -- DAD

Anonymous said...

That's quite the list, it balances nicely with the things you're currently missint from here. So, in essence, you're gonna be homesick either way. Maybe you can teach us some common or not-so common Italian phrases so that we can make you feel better in TN.

I am most likely returning to Nashville on or around the 28th, I might be going to FL for New Years or sometime around there, but otherwise it will be Chill Out City, with card parties and dough balls. Pretty dang fun in my opinion!

Anonymous said...

Seventeen days till you are back home but, nineteen days till you are back in the USA. We are not so bas on this side of the big pond. Thanks for the Christmas List. Wow what a different list than years past. I hope Santa and his elves gets motivated to work on that list...I need children in the house. Maybe I should have called the belmont group again for a exam /Christmas home cooked meal. As Amy G. sings "There is nothing like a Tennessee Christmas." Love MOM
w

Anonymous said...

things you don't have to miss anymore when you come home:

cheddar cheese
christmas trees
people speaking in gibberish
starbucks (who misses starbucks anyway?)
the sun going down over the parking garage
ninjas
frisbees
ben's lifethreatening szechuan chicken (which is really the cookbook's)
coffee o'clock
getting bagged in the extreme in spades
and many more

we hope. It just occurred to me that I have no idea where you're actually going in Europe, but, for me, if you see the Eiffel tower, throw something off it, if you see Big Ben, throw something at it, if you see the Blarney Stone, kiss it, and if you go to Amsterdam... well, just don't go to Amsterdam. Yikes.

Anonymous said...

I think I like your list better than Ben's...although his has some great stuff on it...like ninjas. I can't wait to hear more stories about your trip.

You might appreciate this... I'm currently reading Dante's "Divine Comedy" and a collection of poems by John Keats... If I can't be in Italy, then I'll read things that remind me of it, haha. Hope everything is going well!
Jon

Anonymous said...

Hey friend! Miss you! Ubber Excited to see you...very soon! We have a Christmas tree in our house...and two really good smelling wreaths! you can look forward to coming home to that! And me and the other roomies! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,
Grandma and I are getting excited about your return home. She has cooked up cookies, coconut cake, etc. for Christmas. Enjoy your final days in Europe, and don't be too sad.

Love, PaPa and Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,
I just got your address and have been reading.
I am so very proud of you! If only I had my life to live over, I would be there beside you!
Benedicite
Mrs. ClarkBrown

Anonymous said...

ummm... I'd miss pocket coffee too:) But I Miss you more!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica: We're glad it's time for you to come home. Remember they may love Steph more up the hill but we love love you more down here. the Smiths