27 August 2006

Deep Breath.

By this time tomorrow I'll be chillin' over the Atlantic Ocean. And man am I ready to be there. My bags are packed; my camera's charged; my ipod is about to be updated. I have run more last minute errands than anyone should ever attempt. It has been a long summer of preparation and working and stressing, and it all comes down to tomorrow - and the next four months.

Whoa! I'm leaving for Italy tomorrow! Yeah, that sounds strange. The next time I put a post on here it will be from an Internet Train somewhere around Florence. Seriously, that's totally strange. I mean, I've been talking about this for a while, but tomorrow really isn't that far away. It is in fact... tomorrow. I can't think about it anymore.

Enough with the goodbyes. Bring on the hellos.

- 17.5 hours

6 comments:

Marion M. said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see you on the other side of the pond.

Anonymous said...

We miss you already and it has only been 8 hours. Have a great time and we will see you in a 7 weeks. love MOM

Anonymous said...

Jess -- well, you made it!! You're there. I hope the flights went well with no problems. I miss you already. Watched your flight progress and everything appeared to be on schedule. Get some rest and we'll see you in 7 weeks.

Love DAD

Anonymous said...

I love you so much! I just wanted to say that you are amazing, and you are going to be great in Italy. I can't wait to hear/read all about your adventures. I thought of you today when I made sweet tea. I miss you already too, but I know you are having the time of your life. I couldn't wish for more for you! Know that I'll be praying for you too as you are there. Jessica Harrell, you rock my face off!

Anonymous said...

Jessica!!

I hope that you are having such a great time! I miss seeing your beautiful face, but I know for sure that you are having really cool adventures. Have a great day! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Jess, I hope you treasure your overseas adventures and use them to enlighten the people most dear to you. Bill Harrell, my uncle, has told me of your writing ambitions and these travels will undoubable supply fodder for great adventures. I too have travelled extensively throughout the United States and have expressed many stories from my travels in my classroom and recently published work. I expect someday you too will draw upon sweet memories to fill the hearts of your future readers. Your relation in Virginia, Charles Harrell