12 October 2009

I Finally Made it to Oregon... A Week Ago

Thank you for being patient with my delay in posting! We arrived last Monday evening after a last day of driving through Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. Erin and I both adored Coeur D'Alene, ID. The people were so friendly and these two kind ladies at the visitor center gave us Idaho pins, which we agreed were one of the best souvenirs (up there with the Yellowstone mug which I've since used and will enjoy through the winter). We made a quick stop in Spokane for another round of Clubfoot Sandwiches from the last Staggering Ox we would meet unless either of us ever decides to return to Montana. Then we set in for a long haul through Eastern Oregon along the Columbia River and into Portland.

So far everything is going well. I'm slowly acquiring the necessary furniture and putting my room together. I have successfully removed all of my suitcases and piles and bags of belongings from both the living room and the hallway. They are all in place in my room (it feels nice not to have too many "things"), but not everything will have a home until I have a bed and, therefore, an under the bed. I do have a set of beautiful bookcases that are home to both books and clothing that I've stealthily hid behind attachable doors. (I love Ikea!) And I am the proud owner of a very comfortable mattress which will soon have a bed to live upon.

I also enjoyed my first day of work today. The people all seemed nice and the cafe isn't too busy. Apparently they do 90% of their business out the drive-thru window. I'm not really looking forward to working drive-thru, but maybe I'll feel differently after I've given it a shot. The roughest part today was in the small stuff. The milk jug labels here are opposite colors (light blue for 2% and dark blue for Non-fat) which makes grabbing the right kind of milk more difficult than you'd think. Also, the bar flows in the opposite direction from the register so I was a little turned around all day and the bars are the older version which I've used before, but not in a while. Mostly though, it was a normal day of work! Tomorrow will likely be a little more stressful.

Pictures galore from the Road Trip are coming! Hopefully in the next few days. So check back if you're interested.

Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you made it safely "home" and that you enjoyed your adventure. have fun, stay safe, and blog often (and call often also)

Sad Dad!!

Anonymous said...

so glad you made it! can't wait to see the pictures! peace, melanie