09 March 2009

awfullybigadventures.etsy.com

I'm finally in the process of opening up my Etsy journal store! I've been working on this for a few months, making books and refreshing on the different techniques I learned in my class in Italy. I spent yesterday evening sewing a few more single signature books and one Japanese style with newsprint that turned out pretty nice. I'm also in the process of making a custom wedding guest book and photo signature book for my friend Julie's wedding.

It feels great to be back in the bookbinding swing of things except that my apartment is too small and is now a complete mess! I have taped bricks on the dining room chairs and paper across the table and glue on the counter and a stack of books on my couch to keep them from getting lost amidst supplies. Paper, glue, paper knife, awl, string, ribbon, scissors, pens, exactos, rulers. They are everywhere. I've never had so much trouble finding a spot to photograph.

I'm sitting on the floor between my "dining room" and kitchen right now typing this because there's no where else to sit. I'm taking my computer with me to work so I can work on typing descriptions and editing photos. I need space!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you and love all your stories and entries. love mom