23 November 2006

"Do all turkeys have feathers or just Italian ones?"

(the above title was the cause of much laughter at borgo allegri 24 yesterday evening.)

So, I don't have time for much of a post as I have to get home to cook a turkey and pumpkin pie and stuffing and make sweet tea. My roommates and some of the girls from my cooking class are coming over this evening for traditional homecooked Thanksgiving dinner. I'm so excited, but I'm not going to lie - today is a little depressing knowing that my family is at grandma and papa's house having dinner together, eating turkey and drinking sweet tea and probably not having pumpkin pie, because that's always my job.

I hope all of you Dentons and Vaughns and Harrells and Carrolls know how much I am missing you right now! Have fun playing Catch Phrase and making Christmas lists and taking naps and scanning the shopping flyers without me, and hopefully I'll be talking to you or will have by the time you all read this. I love all of you so much!!

Buon Giorno della tacchino! (Happy Turkey Day!)

P.S. Just so there is no confusion - they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Italy, (shocking, I know) and I had to go to class today. Boo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmm... Grandmas sweet tea and turkey sure were good. Though I did miss you. I missed running and walking with you at the Boulevard Bolt- I made dad stop at Starbucks afterwards in honor of you. And me and mom looked at the flyers in honor of you as well. Though I dont think we will venture out to the mall tomorrow- partly b/c I'm going to the Boro. Well... I love you very much and am very proud of the cook and hostess you have become. LOVE YOU Little Sis!!!!!

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah.. and I'm eating a frozen York Peppermint pattie in honor of you right now.. I bet they dont have that in Italy:) ... though I think Pocket Coffee might be better! DONT FORGET TO BRING ME SOME OF THAT GOOD STUFF!

Anonymous said...

Jess,
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving feast with the usual fare; and then a lazy afternoon with naps, TV, and shooting the bull. We loved hearing from you and missed you terribly. Ah! the miracles of modern-day communications.
I hope you enjoy your train jaunt across Europe. Wish I could do it with you.
Love you,
PaPa

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica Your blog journal of your experiences in Italy is just amazing. I only wish I had been keeping up with your adventures on a regular basis. We missed you terriby yesterday at grandmas but it was truly great to talk to you on the phone. Reading your posts makes me wish I had had such an adventure. Maybe one day.....
Love you and can't wait to see you at Christmas. Patrick missed your pumpkin pie the most...the substitute just wasn't the same.
I look forward to your next post.

Love you bunches
Aunt Laura